Friday, April 10, 2009

tattoo in progress

our original logo for VPS 1997-2005
DTM tat done yesterday on Andre. tattoopartys.com
And the saga continues...
it was March of 97 when I quit the tattoo shop where I got my apprenticeship after two years working there. I went and talked to my homeboy about starting a tattoo shop, all I needed from him was ten thousand dollars and I knew that he had the means to make it happen.
So we start out by looking for locations around the Atlanta metro area, location location location they say, and location is right. We found a spot in the edges of the West End area off Abernathy near the corner with Cascade Rd. My homeboy made arrangements to secure the property and I started collecting the equipment and supplies it would take to have a complete shop.
During this time Lord Yatta quit our old tattoo shop also, and the crew was ready. Lord Yatta, Mecca, Pay, Yesca, Wize & myself.
During the summer of 97 we signed the mortgage to the building and we began to clean the place up. we set our opening day to the first weekend in September. there was a lot to do in that place, we tore out some of the carpet to make room for a linoleum floor for the tattoo area. Gotta make sure the place was clinically clean. September came by fast and we had our gran opening. All our people's came out to celebrate with us the birth of our chosen destiny. Vantage Pointe Tattoo.
more laters....